Through the use of www.apptivism.us and the Apptivism App, you are herein consenting to the following data procedures expressed within this agreement.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect personal information from our users in order to provide you with a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
In order to best serve you, we collect certain personal information about you. The type of information we collect may include:
• Metadata : We may automatically collect information about you when you visit our services through such methods as cookies, third party tracking technologies, log file information, web beacons/clear gifs on our service or in the emails we send, and analytics data gathering either by us or through a third party service. All of this information helps us to refine our service according to our user's needs.
• Personal Information That You Provide : We may collect and store personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of completed membership/registration forms including but not limited to name, birthdate, email address, password, location, physical address ("Profile Information"). Other methods of collecting information may include surveys, questionnaires and your general usage of the site which includes but is not limited to posts, positions on legislation, reasoning for your position, messages/interactions between you and other users of the service, and votes on legislation ("User Content"). This info may also include any correspondence between you and the service via email or interactive features. Apptivism is not responsible for the content posted by the users of our service and is not obligated to monitor user content. User content guidelines are defined by our Community Guidelines.
• Third Party Information : As we expand and develop the service, Apptivism may acquire information pertaining to you that is publicly available or from other third parties in order to improve your user experience.
• Mobile Device : When accessing our service through a mobile device, we may acquire and store your device's Unique Identification Number in the form of a UDID, Google Ad ID, IDFA (Unique ID for advertisers), phone number, device model, operating system, mobile network, and GPS location data.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED:
We acquire and store this information in order to:
1. develop personalized/targeted content and advertising for our users,
2. identify and solve software or hardware issues,
3. speed up the log in process by auto-filling log in information,
4. assess the quality/usability of our service, and
5. improve upon our service.
Apptivism allows users to set up one of two different types of user accounts. The first is a public account herein referred to as a "Mobilizer Account." The second is a private account herein referred to as an "Apptivist Account." The accounts provide two different levels of privacy and your information will be made publicly available as listed out below:
• What Information Is Public For Mobilizer Accounts : Certain Information that you include in your profile including name, profile picture, social media accounts, website url, "about me" info, your relevant districts, and positions on legislation will be viewable to the public.
• What Information Is Public For Apptivist Accounts : The only information that will be available to the public will be your anonymized votes on bills and the district/s that the votes come from. The votes will show up in aggregate statistics and will not be publicly visible as specifically coming from you.
Apptivism may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our service and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from our company or our affiliates. Apptivism may also be in contact with you with regards to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
Apptivism does not now, nor will in the future, sell, rent or lease any of our customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
Apptivism may feel it necessary, from time to time, to make contact with you on behalf of other external business affiliates with regards to a potential new offer which may be of interest to you. If you consent or show interest in presented offers, then, at that time, specific identifiable information, such as name, email address and/or telephone number, may be shared with the third party.
Apptivism may find it beneficial to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail, deliver support and/or arrange for deliveries to be made. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you requested, and as such they are thus required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information.
Apptivism may deem it necessary to follow websites and/or pages that our users may frequent in an effort to gleam what types of services and/or products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
Upon your request, Apptivism may share your information with third parties upon your request. A few examples would be inviting other individuals to use the service or sharing an opinion on legislation on other social media platforms.
Apptivism may disclose your personal information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws and/or in a good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
• Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon Apptivism and/or our services;
• Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of Apptivism; and
• Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of www.apptivism.us and/or the general public.
If you are using the App, Apptivism may send you push notifications from time to time.
Anonymous aggregated data that does not reveal your identity may also be shared with others.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Apptivism Shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification to the user's personal information under our control.
No security system is unbreakable and we can not guarantee that your data is 100% secure. If a breach in our system does occur, we will investigate the breach and, if appropriate, notify the affected users of the situation.
Information on you collected by the Service may be stored in any country which Apptivism or its affiliates have facilities. The country or location that you access the service from may have data collection laws that are different from those in the US. You consent to the transfer of the information you provide to the service to a jurisdiction that does not maintain the same data collection laws as the jurisdiction that you access the service from.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY